When it comes to the best hairstyles you have to try out the Ghana braids. The Ghana braids originated in Africa in the 500 BC where the main style was the straight back. Ghana braids look like cornrows that are styled in several patterns and styles to come up with the perfect unique and beautiful look.
Ghana braids start from the front of the head and they go all way to the back of the head. Ghana braids protect hair from damage and it helps your hair grow a little bit fast. Ghana braids are also referred to as straight back, banana braids, and Cherokee braids. When braiding the Ghana braids one is required to add an extension into the braids so that they can be thicker.
The best Ghana braids for your face
1. Round face. The best Ghana braids for the round-faced is the straight back. The straight back is the best since they add the length of your face.
2. Triangular face. If you have a triangular face you should try the Horizontal braids they will look perfect on you.
3. Rectangular or the square face. If you have a rectangular or a squared face you should try the curved patterns since they blend well with your face angles.
4. Heart face. People with a heart face are the luckiest. They can try all the Ghana styles and they will look good on them.
I have compiled a list of the top Ghana braids styles that you should try.
1. The Ghana Summer Braids. This is the best braids to have when it the temperatures are high. The summer braids have bigger gaps between the hairs, the spaces give you more space for cooling.
2. Low Bun Ghana Braids. If you get this hairstyle no one will take their eyes off your head. It has a thick well-tied braid at your neck’s nape.
3. The Straight Braids. This is the most common hairstyle among ladies aged between 20 to 25. The braids are long making the young ladies more confident and beautiful.
4. The Zig-zag braids. Some people refer to the zig-zag braids or the crisscross. They are all the same since the braids move in the opposite direction.
5. The jumbo braids. From their name, you will know that they are really big and thick.
Maintaining your braids
1. Make sure you moisture your braids and scalp by rubbing almond oil gently.
2. Maintain the edges by applying edge control cream so that your braids look neat and fresh.
3. Wash your braids at least once a week using water and conditioner to remove the accumulated dirt.
4. Trim carefully the flyway’s using a pair of scissors to keep your braids fresh.